Mar 29, 2011

A Repentant Christian


I was an ugly Christian! There were times when I was called:
  • judgmental, 
  • overbearing
  • self-righteous
  • and mean.
At the same time, I wore a cross around my neck and attended church each week. I proudly proclaimed, “I’m a Christian!”

One day, I prayed for God to use my life to bring others to Him. Four days later, my husband and I had a tremendous fight. For the first time in five years, he laid his hands on me. I arrogantly stated, “You are going to Jail!” But, when I called 911 for assistance, the deputies who responded to the call, believed my husband’s lies and I was arrested.I was charged with a felony of spousal abuse! I lost everything. I couldn’t go home to see my three-year-old son or even get my toothbrush. In desperation, I cried out for Jesus to save me.

 Unbelievably, Jesus was there to rescue me.  I surrendered my life to Him and repented for my past behavior. As a result, God healed my broken heart. http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=KLLZG7NX

 Later, I reflected back on who I was and how I had acted before surrendering my life to God.  I started to wonder if I had turned others away from God by my behavior.  I felt compelled to write a book and apologize to those I perceived I had hurt. I wrote a special apology to God.  http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Apologies-From-a-Repentant-Christian/Donna-LYoung/e/9781613791936/?itm=8&USRI=donna+l.+young  

Now I share my story with others as often as I can, so that they too can know the sense of joy found in true surrender and repentance. 

Thank you for reading my first blog. 

In Christ, 

Donna L. Young


Post a Comment