Aug 19, 2011

God blessed me with a wondrous Surprise!

Today, as I exited my car in the parking lot of the local grocery store, I noticed a man wearing overalls. I began to walk his direction towards the entrance of the store. Since, I was walking my usual fast past, brisk walk, I quickly caught up to the older gentleman. He was using a long wooden stick, similar to the staff used by a shepherd, to help him keep his balance.  I couldn't resist speaking to him. I said, "You know, my grandfather used to wear overalls. He was like a father to me. And as I grew older he became my best friend." The man softly said, "I hope he didn't have arthritis like me too." As I passed him and continued on, I mumbled, "No, that's my poor father. " Then, I entered the store.I began to think about my grandfather and how much I had missed him.

Just inside, I paused for a moment and thought, "I should add his name to my prayer board." So, I waited for him. When he entered the automatic doors, I approached the man and said, "I would like to pray for you, if I could please have your name." He said, "Oh, that would be nice, my name is George." My eyes welled with tears as I replied, "That was my grandfather's name!"  The man said, "Maybe we were meant to meet today!" We shook hands for several minutes as though neither one of us wanted to let go.

Next, the man said something I had yet to hear. He said, "What is your name? I am going to pray for you too!" Hard as I tried to choke back the tears, they began to roll from my eyes as I said, "That is so touching. Thank you!"

Later, as I exited the store, there was George sitting at one of the Starbucks in-store coffee tables. We said our "goodbyes." As I walked out to my car, I began to pray, "I know You are with me today Lord. I feel Your holy presence. Thank You allowing me to see You through this man. Please help me do Your will today. I can't wait to see what other wondrous surprises You have waiting for me! I love You! In Your precious Son's name, Amen."

To read my personal testimony, with many stories like this one, please go to::
Post a Comment

Facebook