Mar 29, 2012

God Has Plans for Us!


What are Your plans for me Lord?



Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV) 
“For I know the thoughts that I think 
toward you, says the Lord
thoughts of peace and not of evil, 
to give you a future and a hope.”






The events of the THREE prior days…   

        The next morning, I noticed something unusual. The doves that had appeared and brought me hope each day, had left their normal perch high up on that telephone pole outside our apartment. http://youtu.be/nu1yhoRCsnk  For the past two years, I had awoken to the beautiful sound of those doves melodically cooing just outside my front door. Their presence reminded that the Holy Spirit was dwelling within me!
       Yet, for some unknown reason on this particular day, the doves had flown away and I was left with silence! This saddened me greatly. In my weakness, I allowed doubt and a feeling of loneliness to sink into my heart. I wondered, “Had the Holy Spirit left my side because I had done what God had commanded?”
       After that, I began to feel unbelievably tired and weary. I wasn't feeling this effect simply because the doves had left, but also because I feared disappointing God.
        In the past, I had turned to prayer for strength. But in this moment, I even felt too tired to pray in my usual way, pouring my heart out to God. Instead, during the drive to my son's elementary school, I asked my very young and also brokenhearted child to pray.  Without hesitation, he replied. “Okay, what do you want me to pray for? “ I simply requested, “Anything you want.”  My son took a deep breath, bowed his head and began to pray. “Lord, please help us stick with Your plan!”  My eyes welled with tears! What strong faith and courage my son had demonstrated in that moment!
      Later, after I returned home, I bowed my head and prayed. "Please give me strength too Lord! Show me Your will."  Suddenly, a man’s name was called to mind and I vividly recalled times from many years ago, when I used to watch this particular Evangelist as he shared the Gospel through the television . The Evangelist’s name is Dr. Charles Stanley. Curious, ran to my home computer and conducted a quick Internet search to discover more about the man http://www.intouch.org/about/about-dr.-charles-stanley.  Tears flowed as I read how the evangelist was raised by a godly single-mother http://www.intouch.org/about/about-dr.-stanleys-mother  . I wondered, “Could God’s future plan for my youngest son be the reason I need to suffer a divorce from my disbelieving husband right now?”
      Hours later, I stood on the front lawn of my son’s school waiting for the end of the day school bell to ring. Ding a ling a ling! Swiftly he ran to my side. I couldn’t help but notice that he was waving a handwritten note in the air. He handed me the note and asked, “When did you come into my class and leave the note on my desk?” Bewildered, I shook my head and replied, “I… I... I...didn’t leave you a note today Son!” Then, we read the note together. “Jesus will NEVER EVER leave you!” Unbelievable!  God wasn’t just reaching out to me to comfort me during this difficult trial. His Holy Spirit had inspired a strong believer from our church congregation to communicate His love and concern for my son by leaving a small handwritten note. Instantly,  hope filled our hearts!
      Afterward, my son began to process the meaning of the word “divorce.” I could almost see the wheels spinning in his head when he asked, “Mom, does divorce mean that Daddy can get a new girlfriend?” “Sure, Son. I mean I guess so.” I responded. “Then, I hope she’s allergic to dogs, so that I can get my dogs back!” Uncontrollable laughter!  I hugged my son with all my might and said, “Son, don’t you know by now that the Lord knows your heart’s desires? If you want a dog, God will not only provide you with your own brand new puppy, but He will also give you a new home with a doggydoor to go with it!” To be continued…

Please share your thoughts in the comments section below! To read this author's personal testimony please go to: http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/store.html
Post a Comment