Mar 28, 2012

I will follow You Lord even when I don't understand Your will and I feel pain!


I know the Lord is Near!
  

Psalm 34:18-19 (NKJV)

The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart,
And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the Lord delivers him out of them all.

       I began to wonder if God was conveying His will. After my eldest son left our apartment, I questioned, “How will I financially support myself and my two children? I am unemployed and I denied the State’s offer to receive unemployment benefits. http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/unemployed-mother-turns-down-needed-to.html I'm broke! Almost immediately, I felt a tug on my heart. “Search the Internet for a job!” I went to my home computer and began to search for a job opening. http://www.christianjobs.com/JobSeeker/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fJobSeeker%2fviewcompanyprofile.aspx%3fid%3d41427 Unbelievably, there was an opening for a position in the field of social work. The company was located only one town away from where we live. I thought, “Why not," and submitted my resume and cover letter. Not even two hours had passed before I received a response email and an invitation to interview for the position. Amazing! I began to sing aloud and praise God. My Savior wouldn’t allow me to worry for even one second! Moreover, a new job would certainly be a welcome distraction from an impending divorce. I felt my Spirit begin to rise! I immediately called my best friend to tell her the good news. She didn’t answer her phone so I left a voice mail message. “I used your name and contact information as a reference for a job. Give me a call when you have a chance.”
       The next morning, I participated in an employment screening for the position. The interview was conducted over the Internet with the company Executive Director. The interview went well. Still, I had mixed emotions.  I felt apprehensive about returning to my prior career. Yet, I was excited for what God had planned. Once again, my mind was distracted from feeling the pain caused by my husband's choice to leave.I began to feel hopeful for a new beginning.
        That’s when I suddenly received a call from my best friend. “Perhaps she is returning my call,” I thought. But I was wrong. Her father had suddenly passed away.  She was driving 36 hours to be with her family during her time of unbelievable sorrow! To Be Continued…

Please share your thoughts in the comments section below! 
To read this author's personal testimony 
Post a Comment

Facebook