Nov 4, 2012

Voting for the first time!


1 Timothy 2:1-2 “Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.” (NKJV)
2012 Presidential Election
Romney vs. Obama

This year will be my first time voting for a President in the Presidential election.  My decision to vote came shortly after watching this year’s first presidential debate.
One night I found myself captivated by a television program. Two men were debating opposing ideas of how to run this great nation. It only took a few moments, before I heard Presidential elect, Mitt Romney give honor to God. Wow! Afterward, I asked myself, “Which one of these candidates might make the best Christian witness?” The choice seemed clear and soon my mind was made up.
Even so, since that first presidential debate, and on several occasions, I have prayed for both candidates. First, I prayed for our current President.  1 Timothy 2:1-2 tells us to pray for all men, including kings and those who are in authority. God even makes it clear why we are to pray, “that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.” I have prayed that God will lead President Obama closer to Him.  I have also prayed for his family. Having a young child of my own who has in the past felt the stress of demanding home, I can only imagine how difficult being the daughter of the President of the United States of America must be. And, I have prayed for President Obama’s wife. Why did I pray? I prayed out of obedience to God. According to Scripture, it is good and acceptable in God’s eyes (1 Timothy 2:3).
Next, I prayed for our Presidential elect, Mitt Romney. I prayed that he would surrender his daily decisions into the hands of God. I prayed that should he become our next President, he would allow God to direct his steps so that our Nation might return to God with heartfelt repentance, reverence and awe and give God the glory and honor that He deserves!

 Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!
To read this author's personal testimony please go to:
Post a Comment