Dec 30, 2012

God Answers Another Prayer!

Travis as Joseph the earthly
father of Jesus Christ
Psalm 28:6-7 "Blessed be the Lord,
Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him." (NKJV)


Our 8-year-old Travis prayed for God to change his heart. He had suddenly lost the desire to read God's Word and it was bothering him. So, one day he sat on the shoulder of a water fountain. While he threw coin after coin in the water below he prayed, "Please help me God." The next day, out of the blue, I received a text message from a local Pastor. "Please come to play practice this morning at 9:00am."

With only a few minutes to spare, we both rushed to get dressed. Then we immediately drove to the church. We didn't know just what part Travis would play in the Christmas production. Still, his heart was open. Wouldn't you know it, Travis was chosen to play the role of Joseph, the earthly father of God! We both smiled as our hearts filled with honor and joy. A few moments later, I sat quietly in one of the chairs. Play practice had began and now I had a few moments to share alone with God.

In my heart, I first thanked the Lord for answering my son's sweet prayer. Afterward, I walked to the back of the church and found an extra bible to read. In our rush to be on time for practice, I had forgotten to bring my own bible. Still, I wanted to spend my normal morning quiet time with the Lord. I found an old small print New King James Version of the bible and quickly opened it. As God would have it, the pages landed on Psalm 28 "Rejoicing in Answered Prayer." Tears of joy overflowed!
 
Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!
To read this author's personal testimony please go to:
Post a Comment