Dec 29, 2012

How Long Must We Wait Lord?



Jesus Christ
This morning, my 8-yr-old and I sat down to read the bible together. With our bibles closed on our laps, I said a quiet little prayer in my heart, "Please Lord, we need You to work a miracle in my husband's life." My son opened his bible and allowed the pages to fall. "A Miracle in Cana." (John 2-12). Wow! We began to read about God's Holy authority and awesome power. I smiled as I watched my son's wonderfully trusting and joyful spirit fill the room. "God's going to work a miracle in Daddy." He said.
 
Afterward, I open my email inbox and began to read my daily verse. Matthew 12:29 "Or how can one enter a strong man’s house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house." (NKJV) What does that mean? I wondered. So, I looked up the commentary. "Men, through sin, are the very house and dwelling place of Satan, having of their own accord surrendered themselves to this unjust possessor; for whoever gives up his soul to sin gives it up to the devil. It is Jesus, and Jesus alone, who can deliver from the power of this bondage. When Satan is cast out, Jesus purifies and dwells in the heart." Adam Clarke. I knew just how to pray. "Please Lord, drive Satan away from my husband's heart. But if this moment is not Your timing, then let Your will be done. In Your Holy name, Amen.”
Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!
To read this author's personal testimony please go to: http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/store.html
Post a Comment