Feb 27, 2013

Jesus Christ Never Lets Go!

I love You Lord,
Jesus Christ!
The most difficult part of following Jesus Christ, for me, is no longer the challenge of adapting my behavior to model His. Because I have personally learned that with time, prayer and much practice, God can change a hardened and sinful heart and make it holy.

Therefore, the most painful part of my current journey with Christ, is learning how to minister to those around me who remain blinded by sin. Lately, I've cried many tears for them. And I have prayed, "Forgive them God, for they know not what they do." 


Just today, God sweetly reminded me of His ability to hold the hand of sinners. And I found myself wiping away my tears. Then, I thanked God for never letting go of mine!

Today's Verse for 02/27/2013
For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. — Isaiah 41:13 (KJV)

THOUGHT
Life crashes in and we wish we could be children again and have someone to take care of us and protect us. Into our confused and chaotic world, God's promise comes to us once again. Like a loving parent with a frightened child, God reaches out and takes hold of our hand and comforts us with his precious words: "Don't be afraid. I'm here with you. I will help." Even when he seems distant, the echo of this thought can remind us that we are never alone or forgotten (cf. Heb. 13:5-6).



The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.

 
Please share your thoughts in the comments section below! To read this author's personal testimony please go to: http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/store.html
Post a Comment