Dec 21, 2011

God's Word to A Soldier!


Dear Soldier,

Merry Christmas! I am writing to you today in response to a burden God has laid on my heart. One recent morning, while opening my bible, the pages landed on Isaiah, Chapter 52 . Although I had read this chapter many times before, this time the verses carried with them a new weight on my shoulders.

As I put my bible aside, God called to mind a documentary I had watched not so long ago. It aired on the Public Broadcast System (PBS). http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/badvoodoo/

In the documentary, United States Soldiers openly spoke of what it felt like to fight in a war zone. As their words echoed in my head, I felt my heart begin to ache. One Soldier spoke of his constant feeling of fear. He said,"You can't see the enemy firing at you. We're like sitting ducks out here!"

Another soldier spoke about feeling lonely. He said, "Since I have been out here, my girlfriend has broke up with me. I guess this was all too much for her to handle."  Still, one soldier expressed the reason he no longer believed in God. He sadly announced, "I used to believe in God. I prayed everyday. But after praying for safety one day, one of my best friends was killed. How can I still believe in God?"

While I remembered what these Soldiers had said, I allowed my thoughts to drift back to those painful memories from my own past. Then, while feelings of fear, loneliness and disbelief resurfaced, I began to pray, "Lord, if you want me to reach the hearts of these brave men and woman, Give me the words to speak."

Immediately, I had the desire to run to the computer and write the following letter to you. I pray that God will reach your heart this Christmas with His words of Comfort and Love. May He keep you safe and bring you back home soon!



My Child,


Let not your heart be troubled. John 14:1
I am your helper, so you need not fear. Besides, what can mere people do to you? Hebrews 13:5-6If you trust in Me, you will find new strength. You will soar high on wings like eagles. And you will run and not grow weary. You will walk and not grow faint. Isaiah 40:31.


Humble yourself under My mighty power, then at the right time, I will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to Me, for I care about you. 1 Peter 5:6-7 I have swept away your sins like a cloud. I have scattered your offenses like the morning mist. Oh, return to Me, for I have paid the price to set you free. Isaiah 44:22


I will turn your mourning into joy. I will comfort you and exchange your sorrow for rejoicing. Jeremiah 31:13.So work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for me rather than for people. Remember that I will give you inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ. Colossians 3:23-24


Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell Me what you need. My peace will guard your heart and mind as you live in my Son, Jesus Christ. Philippians 4:6-7. I am your refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. Psalm 46:1. I am your shield, saving those whose hearts are true and right. Psalm 7:10


So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:6


To obtain a free copy of a bible please visit: http://www.soldiersbibleministry.org 

  
Navy Retirement
Donna L. Young is the wife of a Retired Navy Seabee.
She has a Master's Degree in Theology from Liberty Baptist University 
and is the Author of the book Apologies From a Repentant Christian.


No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate