Nov 30, 2012

Never too tired to Share the Gospel of Jesus Christ!



Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.” (NKJV)

For weeks, I had been seriously writing about my continued journey with Jesus Christ. My second book was well under way and I was excited! Simultaneously, my husband and I had begun to meet privately with a new Pastor. We had needed assistance in communicating better with one another. Counseling was proving helpful and I was feeling even closer to God. 

Perhaps it shouldn’t have surprised me when I suddenly began to struggle. Soon, I began to feel physically drained. “Could it be the flu?” I wondered. I had suddenly lost my normal high level of energy, and now I felt tired, very tired. All I wanted to do was sleep. At one point I started to feel too tired to drive to a local drug store to purchase fabric softener. “Why was I feeling so exhausted?” I questioned. I decided to pray for strength. Perhaps, I was under spiritual attack. So, I prayed. “Please Lord; drive the devil away so that I may do Your will without hindrance. In Your mighty name. Amen.” Instantly, God responded!

I had just placed our crunchy towels in the dryer when something caught my eye. One white dryer sheet lay on top of the pile of wet clothes. My eyes welled with tears! Next, I returned to our trailer. I sat at my computer and began to search the World Wide Web. “Time to Tweet my thoughts towards God.” I thought. “Abba Father, even under attack, I commit to live intentionally in Your will and obediently to Your Word. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen." As God would have it, just after my tweet posted on line, another tweet posted above it. "Não temas, porque EU SOU CONTIGO; não te assombres, porque Eu Sou teu Deus." [Isaías.41:10a]

            At first, I couldn’t understand what was written in Spanish. So, I searched on another website for Isaiah 41:10 in English. Unbelievable! God had spoken intimately to my heart.

Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

         Immediately, I tearfully praised God. Later, I peacefully fell asleep.
        The next morning, I woke up with a renewed spirit. And, when I looked up in the sky I saw a bright and glorious rainbow waiting to greet me. After that, I drove my son to school. That’s when I noticed two doves perched on a light post along our path. Such heavenly gifts from the Father confirming His presence.

      Immediately after I dropped my son off at school, I drove to Wal-Mart to purchase some household items. As I stood in one isle, a man approached me. “HI!” he said for all to hear. “HOW ARE YOU?” He continued. “It’s been such a long time! I’ve missed you,” his voice quieting as he neared. “I’m sorry, do I know you?” I politely asked. The man reached out his hand. I extended mine too. As we held hands, unexpectedly, the man began to pray. At first he prayed quietly, with his head bowed and his eyes closed. But then, he started to pray out loud. “God, please bless this woman. Whatever she is going to do with family or friends or others, please bless her efforts.” Then, he began to pray for himself. He prayed that others who tease and mock him would stop and that God would bless him too.” Then, just as suddenly as he had appeared, the man disappeared into the distance. 
       Needless to say, after these divine blessings, I felt ready to face the day. I was feeling bold again. So, within the next hour, I found myself proudly proclaiming my love of Christ to a sales associate in the carpet isle of a Bath Bath and Beyond store.  

Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!
To read this author's personal testimony please go to:

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate