Mar 24, 2013

Palm Sunday to a New Believer

Jesus Weeps

Today, while in church, our Pastor read an account of Palm Sunday found in the Gospel of Luke, chapter 19 verses 28-48. The pastor's message was clear. Jesus Christ was the promised Messiah and He had come to fulfill prophesy and save the lost.

Since I accepted Jesus Christ back in 2008, I had heard this message several times before. Still, I tried my best to pay attention. I had hoped to hear Luke's account in a new and fresh way. But, as the pastor spoke about the lowly colt and how Christ willingly laid down His life, my eyes were drawn to one particular verse, Luke 19:41. Soon tears were steadily rolling down my cheeks as I read, "Now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it." (Luke 19:41 NKJV). My Lord and Savior was weeping and I was shedding tears with Him.

Many hours later, I opened my bible to spend some quiet time with my Lord. As I read, I felt God open the eyes of my heart a little wider. The pages had settled on 2 Chronicles chapter 7. I began to read,

"When Solomon had finished praying, fire came down from heaven and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the Lord filled the temple. And the priests could not enter the house of the Lord, because the glory of the Lord had filled the Lord’s house. 3 When all the children of Israel saw how the fire came down, and the glory of the Lord on the temple, they bowed their faces to the ground on the pavement, and worshiped and praised the Lord, saying:

"For He is good,
For His mercy endures forever."


I began to think about all that this chapter implied. Approximately, one thousand years prior, Solomon had built a house for God. God chosen people were rightfully worshipping and praising Him. Now, His children were so blinded by their sin they couldn't even recognize His holy presence walking among them. For a moment, I was filled with judgment. Then, suddenly, I was reminded of my own past rebellion. For many years, I too had run from the presence of God. And, I had chosen to walk in the darkness of my own pride and arrogance.

I bowed my head and began to pray. "Thank You Father God for the second chance You gave me through Your Son, Jesus Christ." Once again, I was wet with tears as I questioned, "My Savior, Jesus Christ, where would I be without You?"

Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!
To read this author's personal testimony please go to: http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/store.html

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate