Apr 12, 2013

I Want to Be Just Like You-My husband's New Heart towards God

For many years, I prayed that my husband's bitter heart would change. After many years of prayer, one day he disabled his defenses and accepted Jesus Christ into his heart. Soon after, God began to  heal my husband's wounded heart. Then God replaced it with the heart of a FATHER and filled it with joy.

Because of his past angry and unbelieving ways, I used to worry about the example my husband was setting for our two boys. However, these days, all worry is gone. With each new day, my husband seeks God and allows Him to work on his heart. As a result, not only is he growing closer to Christ, but now is leading both of our sons to their Father in Heaven.

This Easter, my husband was instrumental in leading his children closer to God. First, he followed his heart and booked a hotel room in our beloved town for the entire weekend. It didn't take long before I discovered why. Just before we left the campground and began our three hour drive north, I called our Pastor. "We will be in town this weekend. Do you need any help in preparing for Easter service?" I asked. That's when I learned why my husband had booked an extra night. Our beloved church was hosting a Good Friday Service at a local coffee house. "God wants us to attend." I immediately thought.  Excited, I told my husband about the event. Even though he didn't fully comprehend the meaning of the words "Good Friday," without reservation, he made sure we had enough time check into our hotel and attend the event on time.

As usual, I began talking with friends the minute we arrived. This time, I was quickly caught up in conversation while still in the parking lot. So, my husband took our young son by the hand and went inside the coffee house. After awhile, I went inside to join them. I couldn't believe my eyes when I discovered my husband and our youngest son sitting side by side, deeply worshiping the Lord.

The following day, my husband took both of our boys golfing. While they were gone, I remained in our hotel room. It felt good to share some alone time with God before resurrection Sunday. As I read my bible and thought about the changes God had made in my husband, I was reminded of a song, "I Want to Be Just Like You" by Phillips, Craig & Dean.


My 3 boys having fun playing a round of golf
"Lord, I want to be just like You
'Cause he wants to be just like me
I want to be a holy example
For his innocent eyes to see
Help me be a living Bible, Lord

That my little boy can read
I want to be just like You
'Cause he wants to be like me"




I couldn't help myself. I got down on my hands and knees and thanked the Lord for all that He had done! Both of our sons joyfully anticipated spending alone time with their father who was doing his best to teach them about his new Savior Jesus Christ.  
Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!
To read this author's personal testimony please go to: http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/store.html

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate