Jun 30, 2019

God's Spirit Leads me on in the Power of God's LOVE

Yesterday, God led us to the local fairgrounds. Just inside the gate, I started to smell the wonderful aroma of all the BBQ food. Odd enough, nothing sounded good to me. So, while my two boys chowed down on some slow grilled meat, I held off on eating.
For awhile, we walked along inside and out of several buildings. Soon, I began to crave a cup of coffee. Inside one exhibit building, I noticed a woman drinking a cafe latte. "Where did you get your coffee?" I inquired. "Outside the double doors, to the left, three canopies down." She replied with a smile. Right away, I shared my intentions with my husband. "Honey, I'd like to get a cup of coffee," I said. Then, LeeRoy, Travis, and l walked over to the coffee food booth together.
Once there, I met a man named Brian. Brian handed me my cup of coffee and while he did, I shared that I would be praying for him. I was surprised when the stranger, paused for a moment and leaned in. So I continued on, "Since God brought us to this area four years ago, I have noticed a lot of murders and suicides." Brian looked stunned! "I'm not from here." He replied. "I live in Bakersfield. And lately, I've had a recurring nightmare. In my dream, I die from a gunshot wound. This scares me as I have a child on the way. I even told my mother last night about my dream. She told me to pray." I smiled. "This is exactly how God works," I said. "I'll be praying for you, Brian. Please don't worry." I said one last time as we all smiled and slowly walked away.
Then, in my heart, I said the first prayer of many for the stranger who had handed me a cup of delicious fair coffee. "Please LORD, protect Brian and his family from harm. In Jesus' name. Amen. "

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate