Dec 25, 2011

What happens when you devote your Birthday to God?

          Psalm 5:11-12 (NKJV)

But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;
         Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them;
         Let those also who love Your name
         Be joyful in You.
 For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous;
         With favor You will surround him as with a shield.

On December 14, 2011, I turned 41-years-old. As a new believer, for my birthday, I decided to focus my attention on God rather than on me. First, I spent my usual time reading the bible. Next, I read the story of Christ's birth to my young son while he got ready for first grade.
        Throughout the day, I was careful not to create the fanfare of announcing my birthday to others. Instead, I remained faithful to my promise and kept God in every thought, praising Him in every sentence throughout the day. Still, family members and friends recognized and honored the occasion by calling to wish me a "Happy Birthday."  And UPS delivered bath salts my husband had purchased for the occasion.
       Later, when I checked the mail, I found a copy of a movie I had ordered. So, before bed, my youngest son and I curled up on the couch and together watched the touching movie called, "The Christmas Shoes." When the night closed, in my prayers, I thanked the Lord for the peace and enjoyment I had found.
         Perhaps my small attempt to put God first pleased Him, because the following day, God blessed me mightily. The first blessing came from two neighborhood mothers. As their children climbed into my car to receive their usual ride to school, the two women separately handed me gifts. Amazed, I first opened a small golden box and found a beautiful silver cross necklace. Next, I was handed a golden lapel pin. The pin was a guardian angel attached to a paper that read, " Wear an angel on your shoulder, to guide you thru the days and nights, and brighten your life." While thanking God in my thoughts, I praised Him out loud and humbly thanked the two mothers.
          Next, I drove to the local post office to mail out a package. The post office clerk, smiled and reached across the counter. In her hand, was a chocolate covered peanut butter candy. She said, "This is for you." How could she have known how much I love chocolate?
        Later, I would drive 40 miles north to choose a puppy for my husband as a Christmas gift and would receive the greatest blessing of all! http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/2011/12/we-adopted-puppy-for-christmas-and-god.html

Please share your thoughts in the comments section below! 
To read the first written and published personal testimony please go to: http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/store.html

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate