Feb 11, 2012

My Son's Note, John 3:16-17


John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." (NKJV)
          
One of my favorite special moments with God over the past year involved a simple, yet profound confirmation I unexpectedly received one day. God spoke to my heart through a simple handwritten love note.
My Son's Love Note
            One day, I sat at my writing desk and placed my bible in front of me, I began to reflect on the happenings from the week prior. I had been experiencing a new hardship in the relationship with my oldest son. He had begun to distance himself from me. Now, I was having a hard time reaching his heart with God’s Word.  Rather than see his behavior as a normal desire to fit into the world, I became overly critical of my own behavior and actions. I wondered, “Is he feeling judged by me again? Is that the reason, he is keeping his distance?” For some reason, I was allowing doubt and fear to enter my heart. Then, just before I opened my bible, I questioned, “Lord, have I even led anyone to Your side lately?”
       Then, tearfully I opened my bible. As God would have it, just then, my eyes caught sight of a handwritten love note from my loving and tender six-year-old child. With all my might, I tried to remember the moment he handed me this small token of his affection. Yet, no memory came to mind. So, wiping the tears from my eyes, I began to read the note.  "I love you. Thank you for teaching me about God and Jesus Christ and you are pretty."  Amazing! I bowed my head and prayed, “Thank You Lord for making me an instrument of Your Holy Name!”


Please share your thoughts in the comments section below! 

And to read the first written and published personal testimony please go to: http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/store.html

2 comments:

Lynda Alsford said...

Wow what a precious moment both with God and also to have received such a precious note from your child.

Donna L. Young said...

Thank you for your sweet edification. God bless you today Lynda.

In His love,

Donna

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate