May 9, 2012

God doesn't need a translator! Another bad Christian habit.


John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, 
and the Word was God." (NJKV)
 
In the darkest hour of my life, on October 20, 2008, I cried out to God. http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/my-personal-testimony.html God heard my cry and immediately responded! Then, God created a new heart in me. As a result, over the past few years, my hardened heart has begun to melt and I've regained sensitivity to others. Now, I feel an instant sorrow and regret when I act ugly. Recently, God revealed another ugly behavior!

The Holy Bible
It was a peace-filled Sunday morning during church service. My husband and I sat enjoying a quiet moment by each others’ side. A calm come over me as I heard us turn the pages of our bibles together. What Joy!
 
Suddenly, my husband began frantically scribbling with his yellow highlighter over a passage in his bible. Something had fired him up! With one thunderous move, he plopped his bible on my lap. I felt the weight of his bible pressing down on top of my own. Startled, I shook my head from side to side, as if to say, "What is it?" That's when he began to tap his highlighter over the section he had just highlighted. "Read!" he said. I began to read the highlighted paragraph. Not thinking much of it at the time, I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Uh huh." Then, my husband pulled his bible back toward himself. Even though I was a little bothered that my husband had diverted my attention, I quickly disregarded what had just happened and returned my focus to listening to the Pastor's sermon.

Then a few days later, my husband called his father on the telephone. During his call, my husband spoke in a clear and loud voice as if he were trying to grab my attention. At the time, I was keeping myself busy with household chores only a few feet away from where he was sitting. I was in clear earshot of their phone conversation. At once, my husband began to speak about that moment in church. "I was feeling annoyed at how Donna had become pushy about God again. I didn't know how to tell her. Then all of a sudden, I read my bible. It was like God was speaking directly to her. So, I showed her what I had just read!" Then, my husband bellowed a laugh a pride-filled laugh. 

Instantly, my heart sank deep into my chest! I was red with embarrassment. "What had I done?" I questioned. I couldn't see my ugliness until it was directed towards me. Yet, I had used God's Word pridefully against my husband many, many times over the past few years. My heart cried out! "Oh Lord, please forgive me!"  Tears overflowing.

When my husband ended the call, I immediately went to his side and sat down. I grabbed his hand and said, "I am sorry for all the times I used God's Word against you. I know now how you must have felt. Certainly, God doesn't need a translator. From now on, I will let God speak for Himself. I am sorry."  He sighed a great big sigh of immediate relief, sweetly smiled and said, "Thank you."


A few days later, I became curious about the passage my husband had shown me in church that day. So, I asked my husband if he would find the scripture for me. Hard as he tried, he was unable to do so! Had the Lord orchestrated that moment just for me?



Please share your thoughts in the comments section below! 
To read this author's personal testimony please go to: http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/store.html

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate