Jun 26, 2012

Lord, use my talents and my time to bring others to you

Matthew 6:20 "but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal." (NKJV)


            I can clearly remember the first time I prayed for God to use my life to bring others to Him.  http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/my-personal-testimony.html.  That night, I honestly thought that God would answer my prayer by sending me on another mission trip. How could I have known how many times God would use my life to answer that one-time prayer? 
         One day, God introduced me to a new neighbor. It was midday when I stood in front of my apartment sharing my faith with a teenager from down the street. Suddenly, a small black Chihuahua puppy ran into the busy street. The puppy was immediately struck by a car. The new neighbor ran at top speed towards the wounded animal. He scooped up the little helpless dog and took him to safety. Meanwhile, the owner of the dog who had heard the crash ran out to investigate. The first man carefully handed the wounded puppy to his owner. Then he returned to our side of the street. As he approached my apartment, I said, "This is a very busy street. That's not the first time a dog has been struck by a car." Then, I commended the man for his swift action and kind heart. Before he parted, I introduced the kindhearted man to a few of the neighbors.
      A few days later, I heard the same neighbor working on his old pickup truckThe truck had broken down on the street. Tools everywhere! The man had oil grease on his hands and was pacing from beneath the hood to his driver's side seat. I could see his frustration mounting. So, as he slammed the drivers side door yet again, and began to walk towards the front of the truck, I cried out, "Having problems with your truck?" The man took a deep breath and sighed. He began wiping his hands with the towel. With a low spirit, he replied.  "I've already replaced the alternator twice. It just won't start."
     Without hesitation I proclaimed, "Well, I'll pray for you!" Then, I walked back inside my apartment. I started to pour a cup of coffee and grabbed for my bible. A few minutes later, I heard the man slam the hood of his truck. "I guess he gave up." I thought. Curious, I went outside. The man was sitting inside his truck. He looked straight at me. Then with a jerk of his head, he turned the key. Vroom Vroom!!! I began to cry. "Thank You Lord! You always answer my prayers."
     For the next few months, God used that same truck to build both of our faiths. Each time the truck began to sputter I stood on my back porch, bowed my head and began to pray,  "Please Lord, make it start." God responded every time! And with each instance, my relationship grew with my neighbor. God was orchestrating a way for me to share my faith with the man. 
    This week, that same neighbor appeared at my doorstep. He was in need of prayer for a job. He said, "I know I will get it because you will be praying for me!" Tears overflowing.

Blessed Assurance
Text: Fanny J. Crosby, 1820-1915
Music: Phoebe P. Knapp, 1839-1908

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.

This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long;
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
angels descending bring from above
echoes of mercy, whispers of love.


Perfect submission, all is at rest;
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
watching and waiting, looking above,
filled with his goodness, lost in his love.


Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!
To read this author's personal testimony please go to: http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/store.html

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate