Nov 16, 2012

Book of Revelation-Beautiful or Terrible?



The Little Book

Revelation 10:8-9 "Then the voice which I heard from heaven spoke to me again and said, “Go, take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel who stands on the sea and on the earth.” So I went to the angel and said to him, “Give me the little book.”And he said to me, “Take and eat it; and it will make your stomach bitter, but it will be as sweet as honey in your mouth.” (NKJV)
 
 
    I love God's ways of teaching me His Word!
    Recently, I had a discussion with my current Pastor about the book of Revelation. After we spoke, I realized how little I still knew about this part of the bible. So, I decided to dive into Scripture.
    As I read and studied the beginning chapters, I began to innocently comment to friends and family. "Even during the end times, though some still haven't repented, God shows mercy. He only allows 1/3 of the population to perish. What Grace! I think it is a glorious and beautiful
    Then, a few weeks later, while reading chapter 10, God's Word spoke directly to my heart. At first the book will taste sweet, but when it is more thoroughly digested, the contents will be bitter. These things are so awful and terrible!  Instantly, I began to feel compassion for anyone who may ever face these days of doom. So, I sat back in my chair, closed my eyes and began to pray, "Lord, please humble us gently. Help me to reach those who still have hardened hearts and the ones who have yet to hear about Your glorious and holy Son. In our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen."
Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!
To read this author's personal testimony please go to:

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate