Nov 6, 2012

Hurricane Sandy Victims, "The pain Your Feeling, Can't Compare to the JOY that's Coming!"

Life is Not a Snapshot
Philippians 3:12 "Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. (NKJV)"
 
       My felony charge by the courts had just been dropped and the bruises were almost healed. Yet, my heart was still broken as the memory of what had happened often replayed vividly in my mind.
        Around this time, I noticed that a song seem to play more often on the radio. The song was called, "Before the Morning," by Josh Wilson. The song offered a message of hope. "Press on and fight the good fight. There's good for those who love God."  As God would have it, simultaneously I began attending a small mid-week bible study session at my church. The message I heard every Wednesday night for months was the same message found in scripture, "Press on!" (Philippians 3:12).

It wasn't always easy to pick myself up and face the day. Yet today only four short years later, I can confidently say, the pain I felt back then doesn't compare to the joy I feel today. I simply placed my hope in believing that God had a plan for my life. And, He did!

This morning, I purposely listened to this same song again. I had been on my hands and knees praying for those suffering deep emotional pain from the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. This time, as I listened to the words flow from the speakers of my laptop computer, tears streamed down my face. I closed my eyes, and pictured singing the hope filled words to those left feeling broken-hearted. Oh how I wish they could see the joy that's coming if they only dare to believe!




 Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!
To read this author's personal testimony please go to:

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate