Mar 8, 2013

Hebrews 11:6



But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. — Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)

Sometimes, I feel ill-equipped to describe those wonderful heavenly blessings I’m experiencing as a newborn believer in our Lord Jesus Christ? Just this morning, I received a few more.
I began the morning by reading 1 Samuel, chapter six. As I usually do, I imagined myself as being part of the story. Frustrated at the advice given to the Philistines, I said, “Tumors and golden rats? Really? Why didn't you just give God your heart as a trespass offering?" Suddenly, my reading was interrupted by a knock on our trailer door.  A mother of a teenager was requesting transportation for her daughter to school. “I’ll be back in one half hour. I can give her a ride to school then if you would like.” I responded.
Then, just a few minutes after she had walked away, I heard an even softer knock. It was time to pray with another child before taking him and my son to school.  During both times of transportation, I noticed several doves flying over our car. Quietly in my heart I thanked God while out loud, I shared the Gospel with each passenger.
Afterward, I returned home to our trailer. I had received a call from a friend of mine while driving. So, I quickly returned her call. She was in need of prayer. So, I prayed with her. Then, I tried my best to communicate just how much "God loves her." After this, I sent her a link to a song through Facebook. That’s when I saw a message from another friend at church. She mentioned the possibility for me to attend an upcoming women’s retreat.  I quickly called my husband. "Can I go worship the Lord by my friends’ side next weekend?" I asked. Surprisingly, he encouraged me to attend the conference. And, within the hour, I had received another unexpected blessing.
“It’s been a busy few hours.” I thought. Maybe I’ll watch a movie while I wait upon God for my next assignment. So, I placed my favorite movie, "The Gospel of John,” into our dvd player. As I pressed the “play” button, something unbelievable happened. A strong aroma filed our trailer. It was the smell of incense. The fragrant smoke was so strong; it smelt as though it was burning right under my nose.  I looked around. But, I hadn't even lit a candle. “So, where was this sweet smell coming from?” I wondered.  There was no earthly explanation. Therefore, I smiled and began to pray.  "Lord and loving Shepherd, thank You for my faith. Thank You for blessing me as I seek to share this faith with those You send to me. But mostly Lord, thank You for Your presence in my life which I count as the greatest blessing of all. In Your Loving and Holy Name. Amen.”
Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!
To read this author's personal testimony please go to: http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/store.html

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate