Mar 8, 2013

Love is the key that opens salvation’s message!


Recently, the Lord opened the door for me to share His love with an entire family.

One day, God paired our eight-year-old son with another child his age. We met the sweet boy just after he had moved into the trailer park where we currently reside. Each day, the boy would come over and ask to play with our son, Travis. As a result, I began spending many hours speaking with the child's mother. At one point, the woman and I even began discussing the possibility of working on a sewing project together. However, God soon orchestrated that the mother would begin a full-time job.

Unexpectedly, the woman asked if I could provide full-time care to her second child, a sweet little toddler who had just turned 3-years-old. I said "yes," and within one day, I was holding the tender-hearted child in my arms.

I was surprised to discover that the father would be picking up the small child each day. As a result, the father became the main line of communication between the mother and me. Amazing! God had orchestrated that I should love on an entire family.

     Right away, the youngest child reminded me of my youngest five years prior. Still, one thing had dramatically changed. I was no longer the same mother. God had changed my heart. Now, my parenting was chock-full with love.
     As God would have it, one day, I discovered a poem that spoke directly to my heart. Instantly, I began to pray. "Lord, thank You for the changes You have made in me. Before as a mother, I took glory in my house of perfection. Now, I glory in God’s work of perfection in my child. As a mother, there is much I must teach my child, but the greatest of all is Love. Amen."

 

If I live in a house of spotless beauty

with everything in its place, but have not Love,

I am a housekeeper—not a homemaker.

If I have time for waxing, polishing,

and decorative achievements,

but have not Love,

my children learn cleanliness—not godliness.

Love leaves the dust in search of a child’s laugh.

Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints

on a newly cleaned window.

Love wipes away the tears

before it wipes up the spilled milk.

Love picks up the child

before it picks up the toys.

Love is present through the trials.

Love reprimands, reproves, and is responsive.

Love crawls with the baby,

walks with the toddler, runs with the child,

then stands aside to let the youth walk into adulthood.

Love is the key that opens salvation’s message

to a child’s heart.

Before I became a mother,

I took glory in my house of perfection.

Now, I glory in God’s work of perfection in my child.

As a mother, there is much I must teach my child,

but the greatest of all is Love.

Author Unknown


Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!

To read this author's personal testimony please go to: http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/store.html

 

 

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate