Sep 14, 2016

~A Father's Day Appreciation Letter~

Dear Mr. Palmer,


Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I am writing to you today as a wife of a retired US Navy Seabee and an avid golfer. My husband is a really big fan of yours and I am writing this letter on his behalf.

LeeRoy I have been married 12 years. He is my first and only husband and the father our 11- year-old son. This Father’s Day, I wanted to offer my husband a special token of my love. You see, LeeRoy and his first wife lost their first son James at age 2, to a congenital defect of the spine (Spina Bifida). They later had two addition children together Ryan and Alicia.

By the time I met my husband, he was sure that he no longer wanted to have children. Yet, I had waited a long time to become a mother. By the grace of God, LeeRoy changed his mind and gave me a son (Travis).

Lately, my husband has become such a wonderful father to Travis that he has even pushed aside his golf game. After working long days to provide for our family, my husband devotes many nights and weekends to coaching our son’s baseball team. That’s why I am writing to you today to request your autograph. I believe that a signed autograph from you in your Coast Guard uniform, playing golf would be an unforgettable gift!

I have enclosed two photos to choose from as well as a self-addressed stamped envelope. I am also enclosing a picture of my husband in uniform and on the course for you to keep. Thank you again for taking the time to read this letter and for your consideration in sending an autograph. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers. May you have a wonderful Father’s Day!


In Christ Jesus,
  
Donna L. Young



P.S. Approximately 3 weeks later, LeeRoy received his autographed photo in the mail. Thank You LORD!





No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate