Jun 26, 2017

March 1, 2012 Journal Entry: When Satan tells you that you are no good

Dear LORD. Today, I woke up to a barrage of unpleasant thoughts. I tried to stop them from intruding. Yet, thought after thought shoved its way into my mind. “You are unworthy -- no good, useless. You're weak, helpless, a total failure. I bet you haven’t even led one person to Christ.” Before my feet could even touch the floor, my eyes had welled with tears.  
Then suddenly, I remembered the power of Your Word. So, I sprinted towards my Bible. “Please LORD, console me.” I prayed. Immediately, my tear-filled eyes caught sight of a handwritten love note written by my tender six-year-old child. With all my might, I tried to remember the moment Travis had handed me this small token of his affection. I wiped the tears from my eyes and began to read the note.  "I love you. Thank you for teaching me about God and Jesus Christ and you are pretty."  Amazing!

I couldn’t help but say another little prayer. “Oh, LORD. Thank You for my new amazing life! Please, Father, drive Satan away and shield me from believing his lies about how You see me. I know You love me. And, I love You too! Thank You, Father. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate