Jun 6, 2017

October 5, 2011 Journal Entry. Living Separate from my Spouse.


Father God, thank You for surprising Travis and me with an unexpected visit from my husband last night. Sometimes, it is difficult to remain in our little apartment while LeeRoy commutes home on the weekends. That's why this mid-week visit sure is a heavenly gift.  I was surprised when he walked through the door. Without much of an explanation, LeeRoy simply said, "We finished the job on time, so my boss gave me the night off." Wow! You must have known, that I had been missing my husband.
After a quick hug and kiss, I began reheating some leftover spaghetti while Travis jumped up and down and fought for his dad's attention. It didn't take long before we had caught up on all that was happening in our separate lives.  By 8:30 pm my husband was snoring on the couch. 
This morning, as usual, I woke up before anyone else; made my coffee and grabbed my Bible. As I finished reading Psalm 105, my husband entered the room and kissed me. After a short embrace, I went to the computer to play a song for him. The pouring rain outside, made me quickly think about a CD I had recently come across while cleaning out our storage unit. I put the cd in my computer and hit play.
Right away, the artist began to sing, “I got down on my knees an' prayed. Lord, when I get to Heaven, can I taste the Milky Way? I don't want to come to visit 'cause I'm coming home to stay? I can't wait to see my family and meet Jesus face to face. Do you think, Lord, you could use just one more Angel, to help pour out the rain?”
From the corner of my eye, I watched as my husband wiped his eyes dry. Suddenly, I remembered the song’s 2003 radio debut, the same year we married. I reminded my husband of the day he raced to the Base Exchange to purchase a copy for me. Back then, all I had to say was," I love this song," and off he'd go. 
LeeRoy continued to listen intently to each word as they reached through to his heart. Then, we reflected on how fast the past eight years had flown by. Without saying a word, our eyes met, and we smiled. In my heart, I thanked You once again for this marriage.

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate