Jul 20, 2017

July 24, 2012 My Personal Journal Entry: Job 18:25-26

LORD God, Abba, I can hardly believe that almost a week has passed since I last wrote to You. I pray that You have found me faithful in all that You’ve asked of me. One of the people who remained in the forefront of my mind was that wounded church member.  Though I haven’t heard more about his condition, many times, I found myself praying for him. Somehow, I’ve convinced myself that the man is improving. Plus, I’m feeling confident in my prayer life with You. So assured, that I’ve been telling others, “Just imagine his testimony! I can’t wait for his complete recovery!” Then, last night, I experienced an odd dream. In the dream, this particular wounded man appeared to me. Only now, he was wearing all white and his skin was fully restored. The dream caused me to wonder even more about how he was doing.
At this moment, I hear You calling me yet again. “Go see him.” But oh LORD, “What shall I say?” I ask You before opening my Bible. I allow the pages to settle. They land upon Job, Chapter 19. Verses 25-26 leap off the page.
“For I know that my Redeemer lives,
And He shall stand at last on the earth;
And after my skin is destroyed, this I know,
That in my flesh I shall see God,” (Job 19:25-26).    



I make a quick decision. If I leave now, I can make it to the hospital before picking up Travis from elementary school. I write the verses in a greeting card, then, I drive to the hospital. This time, I am unable to see the man personally, as he is in the middle of receiving a dressing change. So, I hand the card to the nurse who promises to read the card to him. Then, as I turn to leave, I begin to pray. “Oh LORD, Please heal this man so that he can tell others about Your goodness. This I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.” 

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate