Aug 10, 2017

December 1, 2012: My Personal Journal Entry: When God sends another Believer to Stregnthen You.

Beautiful and Glorious God, today I am experiencing another surprising feeling. Some might call it a renewed sense of spirit. But, I think I might term it a little differently. I feel as though I am falling in love. Outside, the birds seem to be chirping a little sweeter, the sun feels warmer and appears to be shining brighter than usual and I can feel Your loving presence surrounding me. As if that weren't enough, I noticed a bright and glorious rainbow waiting to greet me as I drove my young son Travis to school. What a unique sense of joy and hope that one feels when they falling in love with their creator!
Feeling this sense of elation, I decided to drive to Wal-Mart to purchase some household items. I was ready to share the Gospel with anyone You placed along my path. But You seemed to have a different plan. 
I stood in one aisle trying to pick out a new bathroom run when a man approached me. “Hi!” He said for all to hear. “HOW ARE YOU?” He continued. “It’s been such a long time! I’ve missed you,” his voice quieting as he neared. “I’m sorry, do I know you?” I politely asked.
The man reached out his hand. I extended mine too. As we held hands, unexpectedly, the man began to pray. At first, he prayed quietly, with his head bowed and his eyes closed. But then, he started to pray out loud. “God, please bless this woman. Whatever she is going to do with family or friends or others, please bless her efforts.” Then, he began to pray for himself. He prayed that others who tease and mock him would stop and that God would bless him too.” Then, just as suddenly as he had appeared, the man disappeared into a distant isle. 
I remained still for a moment, stunned by what had just happened. Such a divine blessing! Would I ever really comprehend its meaning? I thought about how physically drained I felt yesterday. Now, it was as if strength was returning to every part of my body. I was feeling bold before I entered Wal-Mart. Now, I felt as though I might burst if I didn’t share Your Gospel with another. I sure am glad You had already prepared the heart of the Sales Associate in the carpet Isle of that Bed, Bath, and Beyond store!  Otherwise, all of my excitement may well have scared him away.

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate