Aug 15, 2017

January 14, 2013: My Personal Journal Entry: Please Heal My Marriage God! The Power of a Praying Wife

Healing and Protective Father God, thank You for guiding me to the local Christian bookstore today. After choosing several books, none of which spoke to my heart, I took a moment to pray. Without delay, I felt an urge to bend down. On the bottom shelf, I discovered a small book approximately the size of my hand. The book was called, The Power of a Praying Wife. I quickly pulled the book out from the shelf. As I open the pages I sat back on my heels and began to read the first prayer. Right away, I felt Your Holy Spirit convict my heart. I plopped myself on the floor and read the same prayer a second time. This time, I prayed to You as I read each word.
"Lord, help me to be a good wife. I fully realize that I don't have what it takes to be one without Your help. Take my selfishness, impatience, and irritability and turn them into kindness, long-suffering, and the willingness to bear all things. Take my old emotional habits, mindsets, automatic reactions, rude assumptions, and self-protectiveness and make me patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle and self-controlled. Take the hardness of my heart and break down the walls with Your battering ram of revelation. Give me a new heart and work in me Your love, peace, and joy (Galatians 5:22, 23). I am not able to rise above who I am at this moment. Only You can transform me."[1] “Amen!” I softly said out loud.



[1] The Power of a Praying Wife, By Stormie Omartian. https://stormieomartian.com/

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate