Aug 16, 2017

February 5, 2013: My Personal Journal Entry: When God calls you to SUBMIT to Your Husband

Mighty LORD, I would have lost heart completely by now if it hadn’t been for Your constant love and companionship.  Even today, Your hand was outstretched still. I knew You were with me the moment I retrieved our mail.  The medium sized envelope was handed to me while one office staff member and I chit chatted about the weather. My Pastor’s wife back home had sent me a book. “The Excellent Wife,” by Martha Peace. Immediately, I was excited. A gift from home! I abruptly ended my chit chat session and turned to walk away while tearing open the package. Then, just outside the mail room, I peeled back the cover of the Christian book and began to read. Unbeknownst to me, I was about to receive another super dose of Your instruction and leading.
“Submissive!? Me, be a submissive wife?” The first sentence read. I sighed. All of a sudden, tears from frustration began to flow as I closed the cover of the book.

LORD, please forgive me, but I do not understand Your ways. My husband wanders into darkness. You instruct me to be his light. He rejects me and looks on me with contempt. You say, “Stay by his side and pray for him.” Then, he samples all of the ways of the world. And, You tell me to submit to him and encourage him to be the leader he was meant to be.” Oh LORD, this life You have called me to is much more difficult and painful than I ever imagined. Please give me strength. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate