Apr 2, 2019

The Red Balloon Mystery Continues~"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock..." Revelation 3:20 KJV


Dear Fellow Travelers,
The Red Balloon Mystery Continues

I’ve just returned from my first attempt in reaching out to a prospective owner of the floating red balloons.  Just as I had prayed, God provided the encouragement I needed to resume my role as His servant. Despite those nervous butterflies that were fluttering about in my stomach, I was ready to carry on in sharing the hope I had found in Jesus Christ.  

So, I conducted a quick online search and located an address of a woman with the same name as the one found inside the greeting card. Directions to the address led me to a quiet, classic American neighborhood where gardens filled with an assortment of Spring flowers were in full bloom. I could almost picture the butterflies in my stomach fluttering with joy upon seeing the Marigolds in all their glory.

 

I grabbed the greeting card along with my homemade gift and confidently walked through the white picket fence, straight to the doorstep of the stranger’s home. Then I rang the bell. “Ding dang dong.” I waited for a reply. From outside the door, I could hear the footsteps of a person moving slowly towards me. I could also hear the shaking sounds of dog collar.  Then, suddenly all the noises from behind the door stopped. Therefore, I rang the bell as second time. Still, no reply.  I started to wonder, “Could someone be watching me from inside the home?” Then, I smiled brightly as I held my fragrant homemade bouquet of yellow-orange roses a little tighter. “If someone is indeed peering through the beveled glass, perhaps these flowers might make her feel more comfortable.” I thought to myself.

 

A few more moments went by with the only sound coming from the sidewalk behind me. A couple, perhaps man and wife, were strolling down the street together, chatting with one another. Soon, it became apparent that it was time to walk away. Before leaving, I placed the flower bouquet upon the cold doorstep beside the “Welcome” rug. Next to the flowers, I left a message of my own. On a small piece of paper with harmonizing flowers, I simply wrote, “Hello. My name is Donna Young and I am looking for a woman named _______. If you know her, could you please contact me at…”

 

As I returned to my car, I surmised that this story’s ending had not yet arrived.  “Was the woman behind the door actually the owner of the red balloons?” I wondered. “And if so, would she seize the opportunity to finally open the door to of her heart to Christ's restorative healing and hope?"

 

THE JOURNEY CONTINUES…


To read how I first accepted Jesus Christ into my heart, please go to: https://www.amazon.com/Apologies-Repentant-Christian-Donna-Young-ebook/dp/B00CBP6FDI FREE on KU! 

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate