Oct 22, 2011

God's Word-The Perfect Gift for Christmas

  John 1:1-5 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." (NKJV)


A BIBLE FOR CHRISTMAS

One day, I stared at the bible on my lap, my favorite book. I reflected back on how many times over the past three years, God's Word had brought me Comfort, Joy, Peace and Love. I am certain now, that my life changed because I read God's Word everyday.
I went into my bedroom and erased my prayer board completely. I wrote only one request. “The lost, suffering, in pain and sorrow-Please comfort Your children with a bible: Your Word in their hands!” I resolved to pray this prayer on my knees until Christmas. I wondered about who would receive a bible as a gift for Christmas this year.
God's Holy Light
Then I went and sat at my computer and began to play a song over the internet. Soon, I was lost in a moment of worshiping the Lord. Suddenly, I felt those familiar goose bumps overwhelm me. I said to the Holy Spirit, "There You are!" Unexpectedly, a beam of light streamed through the window and hit my face. Had God already heard my heart?
Then, just before Christmas, while in church one Sunday, I took a short break from the Pastor’s sermon to stretch my legs. I still wanted to hear the rest of the Pastor’s sermon, so I stood at the rear of the church. For a moment, I gazed into the display case against the wall. Something shiny white as winter's snow, glistened and caught my eye. It was brand new bible. I couldn’t wait to call my husband and tell him about the bible I had seen. “It’s white, my favorite color,” I said. He said, “Buy it! I’ll put the money in your bank account tonight!” I bought the bible, brought it home and carefully placed it under our Christmas tree.
On Christmas morning, I opened that beautiful pure white scriptural gift and something wonderful happened. I felt my heart leap with joy! I realized that earlier in the year, I had resolved to pray on my knees for God to comfort His children with a Bible. I asked God to place His Word, my favorite book, in the hands of those who needed Him the most. Now, I realized, God had included me in my prayers. 

Please share your thoughts in the comments section below! 
To read the first written and published personal testimony 

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate