Nov 16, 2011

God has foreordained the works to which He has called you.

This week, I combed through old birthday cards and cinema ticket stubs, attempting to condense my personal boxes. I was hoping to let go of some old memorabilia. With each piece of paper, I reminisced of times spent with my family, going to the theater and other entertainment venues. Soon, I found myself holding a card with the word 'GOD' written across the top. I began to read.  The card said,
"GOD has foreordained the works to which He has called you. He has been ahead of you preparing the place to which you are coming and manipulating all the resources of the universe in order that the work you do may be part of His whole great and gracious work." -G. Campell Morgan. 

The card made me consider the past three years of my life. As I remembered the significant issues I had faced, I tried to remember even one moment, when I hadn't felt God's hands on a situation, or when He wasn't ahead of me solving one of life's problems.

I opened the card. I was surprised to find the name of a past work supervisor. Beside her kind words was a verse from Ephesians 2:10, which says, 
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." 

I started to digest all that had happened recently. For the past few weeks, I had focused on making a profit from the book God led me to write. Yet, after the day of the launch when it didn't appear that I had sold any books, I decided to revise my resume and conduct a serious job search. I had allowed anxiety over money to to creep in and take over God's plan. Still, God had prepared a way.

20 minutes after applying for job in nearby hospital, the phone rang. I answered the call, but couldn't completely understand what was said by the woman on the other end of the line. I heard, "Something, something job." Just then, the phone call dropped. Curious, I looked the number up using the computer Internet and found that it was most likely attached to the hospital care system I had applied to.  Oh how great it would feel to have a steady paycheck!

Bewildered, I stared at an unpaid cable bill and wondered, "How am I going to continue to pay for this service?  I decided to call the cable company and discontinue services. The man who answered my call was a believer. His name? Michael which means, "A gift from God." Micheal lowered my bill significantly without changing any of my services. All I had to do was say, "Okay."

Next, I reviewed my bank account. Surprisingly, there was an extra $125.00! Excited, I paid my car payment the cable bill and transferred the extra money to my credit card. God was ahead of me, taking care of my financial situation!

The next day, the phone rang again. When I looked at the caller identification on my phone, I noticed the number was the same as the call I received the day prior when the call dropped. I answered the call. Once again, the call was dropped. I began to shake my head and giggle.

I put my resume back in the desk drawer and sat at my computer desk. Instantly, a feeling of joy and contentment filled my heart.  I began to write again about God's love for me and the joy I find in submitting my life to the works which He has called me to do!

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate