Dec 8, 2011

Christmas Everyday!

John 15:8-11 (NKJV)

By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.

        Before December 2008, I experienced many Christmas' when I felt disheartened. All year long, I had waited in anticipation for that magical day. I had joyfully awaited the company of family and a smell of delicious turkey filling the air. I put all of my hopes in the events of that one calendar day. Yet, I never truly understood its meaning. Perhaps that is why December 25 often felt like just any other day. Then, on October 20, 2008 I accepted God's holy gift of His only Son, Jesus Christ. And, from that moment on, my life changed.
        Now, everyday feels as though it it's filled with Christmas joy.  For example, one day, while picking up my young son from kindergarten, I noticed two men who were struggling to retrieve their keys from their locked car. I could tell they had been laboring for quiet awhile because of the sweat on their brows and the weary look on their faces. Just as my son clicked his seat belt, I heard God's voice say, "Go tell them you are praying for them." So, I told my son, "I'll be right back. I need to tell these men something."
I left my car door ajar as I ran over to the two men. I repeated God's exact words. “I am praying for you.” Then, I returned to my car, clicked my seat belt and slowly began to drive away. Unexpectedly, the parking lot stoplight turned red and we came to a dead halt. Suddenly, the two men began to jump up and down. They began waving their arms up over their head and yelling at the top of their lungs. "Hey! It worked, It worked!"  Joy unspeakable! Then, one of the men sprinted to my car. I rolled down my window as fast as I could and extended my hand out to him. The man slapped the palm of my hand so hard that I could feel the sting all the way home. My eyes welled with tears, not from the pain in my hand, but the joy in my heart.
Minutes later, we returned home. I thanked God for using me in that precious moment to grow the faith of these two men. Then, I thanked Him for growing my own faith and my young son’s too!

Joy Unspeakable
Text: Barney E. Warren, 1900
Music: Barney E. Warren, 1900

I have found His grace is all complete,
He supplieth ev’ry need;
While I sit and learn at Jesus’ feet,
I am free, yes, free indeed.
I have found the pleasure I once craved,
It is joy and peace within;
What a wondrous blessing! I am saved
From the awful gulf of sin.
I have found that hope so bright and clear,
Living in the realm of grace;
Oh, the Savior’s presence is so near,
I can see His smiling face.
I have found the joy no tongue can tell,
How its waves of glory roll!
It is like a great o’er flowing well,
Springing up within my soul.


Please share your thoughts in the comments section below! 

To read the first written and published personal testimony,

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate