Dec 9, 2011

Why would I think buying Christmas presents brings Joy?

My husband & Son golfing together

As a Christmas gift to my husband this year, I wanted to buy him a round of golf. I thought, "It has been while since he has been able to spend time with our now 23-year-old son. Maybe they can resume that old tradition of playing golf together on Christmas morning."

However, a round of Golf is expensive, especially where we live. In fact, I figured I would have to spend around $100.00 on this gift. I wondered, "How am I going to generate this amount of money when I haven't worked since March 2011?" http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/unemployed-mother-turns-down-needed-to.html. I decided to sell some of my belongings to afford the gift. So, I listed items I knew would sell on Ebay.

Perhaps, I became too focused on buying Christmas presents this year. Because, this morning I found myself setting my closed bible aside to curiously inquire about my Ebay Seller account. I noticed right away the bids for the items I was selling had increased. This meant that I would be receiving more money. I would have thought this would make me feel happy. Yet, for reasons unknown to me at that moment, I was feeling a little let down.

As a result, I grabbed my bible and walked away from the computer desk. As usual, I allowed the pages to fall open and land as they may. As God would have it, they settled on 2 Kings Chapter 5. Right away, I wondered, "What does leprosy have to do with my day?" Still, I kept reading. It took me a little while to digest the story. I had to pause frequently. Then when my eyes finally caught verse 26 I knew what God was communicating to my heart!
2 Kings Chapter 5:26
"Then he said to him, "Did not my heart go with you when the man turned back from his chariot to meet you? Is it time to receive money and to receive clothing, olive groves and vineyards, sheep and oxen, male and female servants?" (NKJV)

My eyes welled with tears as I quietly whispered to my Lord, "It is time when You say it is time!" Then, the most loving and caring voice spoke to my heart, saying, "Don't you have everything you need?" I simply and humbly replied, "Yes Lord." Then, He said, "Then what is it you need money for?" I thought about how Christmas wasn't about buying presents for others. So, wiping the tears from my eyes, I replied, "Nothing Lord."
The Word of God-A love Story

After that, something happened that had never happened to me before! I heard the Lord say, "I love you, my sweet daughter." Sobbing, I replied, "I love you too Lord!"

Please share your thoughts in the comments section below! 
To read the first written and published personal testimony 

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate