Dec 14, 2011

Devoting my birthday to bringing others Close to God.

Matthew 25:23 "His Lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.' (NKJV)

        The day was my 41st birthday. It was early in the morning when the phone began to ring. "Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you," my husband sang in his sweetest voice. Then, my loving parents called. "We wanted to wish you a happy birthday on your special day." What joy! Still, something felt different inside.
        For over three years, I had focused my attention each day on serving God. And in return, God made everyday special. Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and even regular ordinary days were special when I focused on serving the Lord. So, I decided that this day would not be different.
         On the way home from dropping my son off at school, I felt an urge to drive to the local coffee house. I decided to use the drive thru option. There was a long line of cars waiting to purchase coffee that day. Still, I was enjoying the song that played on the radio and content with waiting as I sang my praises to God.
I waited patiently for my turn to order. Suddenly, out of the blue, God spoke to my heart. "Pay for the person's order in the car behind you," God instructed. I only had enough cash to buy one cup of coffee. So, I scrambled to find a credit card that would afford both my order and his. When, I pulled up to the drive thru window, I explained to the clerk what I intended to do. The cashier seemed taken aback. In her silence, I handed her a little note and asked her to give the paper to the gentleman along with his cup of coffee. The cashier began to read the note to herself. "God placed it on my heart to buy your coffee today. Merry Christmas!" The teenager’s eyes became misty as she agreed to my request. She warmly thanked me for being so kindhearted. As I drove away, other vehicles filled in the gaps between our cars. Thus, I was left to wonder the man's reaction to God’s gesture. Still, I felt warmness in my heart. So, I prayerfully thanked God for counting me worthy to serve Him once again.
         A few blocks away, I took a sip of that expensive cup of coffee. I smiled and giggled when I realized I had spent $5.25 on a cup of coffee I could have made at home for less than a dollar. I had gone to that coffee house simply to share God’s love and bring that chosen man and cashier closer to God and that was the best birthday gift I could have received!

Please share your thoughts in the comments section below! 

To read the first written and published personal testimony please go to: http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/store.html

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate