Dec 28, 2011

Walking Closer to God in 2012- Proverbs 28

This past week, I resolved to creating my New Year's Resolution for 2012. http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-new-years-resolution.html

Yet, I wondered how I would accomplish this goal. So, I prayed, "Lord this year, help me to continually attempt to discover ways to walk closer to You."

Then, I opened my bible this morning and allow the pages to fall. As God would have it, the pages landed on Proverbs 28. Smiling, I thanked the Lord for providing the perfect way to achieve my New Year's Resolution.

In 2012:

Proverbs 28:5
I will seek the Lord with all my heart to better understand His ways and His plan for my life. 
28:6
I will be content with having less money,  remembering how I have found comfort in being an honest and more godly person. Better to have less money and more understanding!
28:8
I will obey God's commands and turn my ear towards His law.
28:10
I will remain blameless so that I can be a greater blessing to the world.
28:12
I will join voices with other righteous believers and praise God for my freedom.
28:13
I will continue to humbly confess my sins and repent so that I can continue to enjoy the true peace and mercy that I have found.
28:14
I will continue to fear offending God.
28:16
I will first consider my own behavior before seeking understanding from others. 
28:19
I will continue to pursue this new way of life (as a true believer) because my conscience is finally clear and I have found comfort in becoming the person God intended for me to be.
28:20 
I will attempt to lead others into a life of true happiness by modeling holiness and honesty.
28:25 
I will not let pride allow me to stir up strife. I will remember that life is easy if I continually depend on God and His Grace.
28:26 
I will not place my trust in my own strength, heart or merit but will submit every issue to God through prayer. 
28:27 
I will give to the poor. I will not turn away from people needing compassion, especially when God calls them to my attention.
AND,
28:28
I will not take pleasure in the failure of the wicked. I will pray for God to show them the mercy He has freely offered me.

Please share your thoughts in 
the Comments Section below! 

To read the first written and published personal testimony, 

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate