Dec 31, 2011

GOD thinks about me?

Psalm 81:1 "Sing aloud to God our strength; Make a joyful shout to the God of Jacob." (NKJV)

One recent morning, I drove to the local post office to mail a belated birthday present to my father. Only blocks from our home, I turned on the radio. The song that was playing was coming to an end.  When it finished, the D.J. began to speak to her listeners. While pleading for monetary support, the DJ read a letter from one particular listener. As I listened, I became lost in the author's story that the DJ read about how the woman came to know our Lord and Savior.  
I must have taken my eyes off the road because when I looked up, I was quickly approaching a red stop light. When the DJ finished reading the woman's letter, she played the woman's surrender song. I thought of the song that spoke to my own heart and had helped me press on during my own trial.
At the post office, there was a long line and only one post master assisting customers. I knew the post master well, so when I made my way to the front of the line, I began to chit chat. She asked me how my Christmas went. I told her it was filled with peace. Then the postmaster commented, "I hope your New Year will be just as good." Without thinking or hesitating, I replied, "Oh, it will be. Ever since I accepted Christ into my heart, my life has been good everyday! I'm going on three years of walking by His side." The postmaster nodded her head and smiled a huge smile.  I walked out of the post office wondering how many of the people still standing in line had heard our conversation.
When I returned to my car, I turned the key in the ignition. I couldn't help but smile. God was playing my surrender song. I turned the song up and began to sing along. Then when I turned the corner and began to drive down a long road leading to our home, I noticed a few church members walking along the side of the road. They were heading my direction. As my car drew nearer, I was surprised at their reaction to me. Instantly, they began waving their hands and jumping up and down, as if they needed a ride. But as I came up on them, they simply waved enthusiastically and smiled. I felt my heart fill with joy. I began to sing even louder to God. 
I continued driving home. Suddenly, two more people began calling my name and jumping up and down from the side of the road. I started to giggle and thought, "God, I know you are with me! Thank you for sharing Your joy!"
Finally, as I turned into the apartment parking lot, I noticed two doves on the grass near my normal parking spot. I slowed down, sighed and thanked God once again! The doves flew over top my car while I shook my head in amazement. I ran into the house and shared the story with my husband. All along, I praised God for the thoughts He has towards me.

Please share your thoughts in the comments section below! 

To read a modern published personal testimony 

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate