Jan 2, 2012

God opened my eyes a little wider!

This past week, I wrote the following post, Apologies From a Repentant Christian: I prayed, "Please God use my life to bring others to You!"  In the post, I shared with my readers how God had answered my prayer of using my life to lead others to Him. I mentioned how still today, I stand in awe of God's glorious plan for my life. Amazingly the following Sunday, God opened my eyes a little wider.

It was Sunday, early morning, when I picked up my bible. Just as I usually do, I allowed the pages of scripture to fall open. This time, the pages landed on Jeremiah, chapter one. As I read how God laid out his plans before Jeremiah, I started to think about the past three years of my life. God had used me to build and to plant. What joy! Afterward, I thought, "I wonder what God has planned for me next?" 

Then, I read:

"Therefore, prepare yourself and arise, And speak to them all that I command you. Do not be dismayed before their faces, Lest I dismay you before them. ...They will fight against you, But they shall not prevail against you. For I am with you, says the Lord, to deliver you." ( Jeremiah 1:17-19 NKJV) 

I contemplated, "What if I was promising God that I would walk closer to Him even as He was preparing to lead me through another trial?" I placed my bible down and began to get ready for Sunday service at church. We arrived a few minutes late. We took our seats just as the worship team began to sing the next song. Unbelievable! They sang, "Greater things have yet to come and Greater things are still to be done." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d61LamkXfwk

Later, the Pastor began to lead us through the bible. During his message, he pointed to Romans 8:18. He said,"Troubles don't last and can't ever compare to the glory that follows." Then, he added, "Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." (2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NKJV).

I found myself lost in the moment as my thoughts returned to that post from earlier in the week. Could I have focused on only what I could see?  I started to marvel at what might still be unseen and the plans that are still unknown to me. A calmness came over me!  I was ready for what was yet to come because finally, I walk by faith, not by sight! (2 Corinthians 5:7 NKJV).

Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!

To read the first written and published personal testimony,

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate