Jul 20, 2012

Do you take your friendships for granted?


 

Just when I began to give myself credit for the friendships I had made in my life, God led me to find an old tattered piece of paper with this quote written on it.

“In friendship...we think we have chosen our peers. In reality a few years' difference in the dates of our births, a few more miles between certain houses, the choice of one university instead of another...the accident of a topic being raised or not raised at a first meeting--any of these chances might have kept us apart. But, for a Christian, there are, strictly speaking no chances. A secret master of ceremonies has been at work. Christ, who said to the disciples, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you," can truly say to every group of Christian friends, "Ye have not chosen one another but I have chosen you for one another." The friendship is not a reward for our discriminating and good taste in finding one another out. It is the instrument by which God reveals to each of us the beauties of others.” ― C.S. Lewis

I am sorry God for not recognizing Your awesome and wondrous works at hand. Thank you for forming the friendships I hold so dear to my heart!

 

Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!  
To read this author's personal testimony please go to: http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/store.html

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate