Jul 18, 2012

God is using me to reach the lost, desperate and hurting?



Matthew 11:28 (NKJV) "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
               
          Last month while packing my belongings, I began to experience feelings of sorrow and loss. I wondered, "Why would God lead me from our closest friends and church home?" God immediately answered me. First, during a phone call from my husband he shared that someone within his work circle had committed suicide. Immediately, my heart began to ache as I prayed for the those family members left behind. 
         Later, with the suicide still on my mind, I drove to the local grocery store to pick up a few groceries. Just as I started to leave, a woman stopped me. She said, "Donna? I just wanted to tell you that you made a difference in my life. When you shared your story with me 3 years ago, I was feeling hopeless. But then, I found my way back to God. I just wanted to tell you that." I sobbed as I hugged the woman. Through many tears, I thanked the woman for allowing God to confirm His will through her beautiful words. 
        After I gathered my composure, I walked to my car. I knew just why God was leading me away from my beloved town and church. As a result, I hung my head and prayed.  "Abba Father, you have chosen me to be an instrument in reaching others with Your Word and the hope I have found in You. Thank You for providing the words that bring help and hope to the brokenhearted and direction to the confused. I understand now why I must leave this wonderful town. Someone else out there needs You too! I look forward to reaching them in the moment they need You the most. Thank You for Your perfect Son, in whose name I pray. Amen."


 "What we need in the hour of trial, and what we should seek by earnest prayer, is confidence in Him who sees the end from the beginning and doeth all things well." http://showcase.netins.net/web/creative/lincoln/education/williedeath.htm

Please share your thoughts in the comments section below! 
To read this author's personal testimony please go to: http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/store.html

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate