Oct 21, 2012

7-year-old Thank You God Prayer



There was nothing on television worth watching tonight. So, I decided to listen to Christian music stream through my computer instead. Soon, I was lost in the moment of singing worship songs to our Lord and Savior.

A few feet away, my son was drawing at our kitchen table. I hadn't noticed that he begun writing a letter. After a few songs had played, my son came over to where I was sitting and asked if he could share what he had written with me. He began to read:

"Thank You God Prayer:
Father God, thank You for friends and my family. I know I don't read the bible but I love You God. I am belssed in every way. I have friends. I'm not homeless. I live in a cozy trailer with a warm bed. I'm not an orphan. I have a mom and dad. I have water. I have food. Thank You God. In Jesus' name. Amen."

I smiled as I rested my head on the back of my chair. Silently, I spoke my own heartfelt prayer to God! "Lord, thank You for my son, his innocence and all that You have done to bring us closer to You. In Your Holy and Mighty name. Amen."
Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
To read this author's personal testimony please go to: http://dlouyoung.blogspot.com/p/store.html

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate