Jun 11, 2017

November 19, 2011 journal entry. How God's plans are better than our own

Father God, You have outdone Yourself again! I can hardly contain my excitement. This campground is beautiful, complete with natural hot spring waterfalls and majestic mountains. Not only that, but there are date palm trees and sandy dunes. I feel as though I’ve somehow stepped back in time. Amidst these deserts sands, I can’t stop my mind from drifting, as we pull up to the park's main office area. I see my husband waving in the distance as I begin to wonder, “Could this be what ancient Jerusalem looked like?”

My husband is wearing an ear to ear grin and greets us with a warmhearted welcome. I feel my mind begin to idle in sync with our car as I try my best to allow You to etch the moment into memory. In my heart, a say a little prayer. “Holy and Righteous Father, thank You for Your love. I know I didn't earn it. And, I know I don't deserve it. Yet, You offer it so freely. Please accept my heartfelt gratitude for this joy I feel right now.  Thank You for leading to this place. Please help me to share You with those living in this park, especially my husband. In Jesus' name. Amen.”
Post a Comment

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate