Jul 11, 2017

July 2, 2012 My Personal Journal Entry: Christians Judging others is not Biblical

Father God Almighty, last night, I began to struggle again. Our family had just shared such a peaceful, wonderful meal and we all seemed to be filled with great excitement. A new area, a new home, together again, finally! We decided to extend our joyous family time together. Therefore, just before the sun sank behind the hills of Valencia, my husband, our son and I took a tour of the park. As we walked along, I gazed around and noticed a few of the other campers. To my surprise, I felt my heart fill with judgment towards one particular couple of long term campers. I voiced my thoughts out loud to my husband who apparently was thinking the same thing.
But then, just after he finished speaking, something new happened inside of me. I felt Your Spirit convict my heart to place my judgments aside. I immediately responded, “Okay, LORD, I’ll try.”  

Then, this morning, I felt Your mercy move my heart, prompting me to walk over to our new neighbor’s campsite and strike up a conversation.  “Is it normally this hot here?” I asked as I wiped the sweat from my brow. One woman sweetly replied, “No. This is pretty hot. You guys new to the area?”  Then, I began to share about how You had led our family to gather under the same roof after many years of living apart. I spoke about the trial in our marriage and how I had finally surrendered my heart to Your Son, Jesus Christ. At one point, my eyes met with one of the women. Immediately, I noticed that she was holding on tightly to the cross charm that hung from around her neck.  When I finished telling our story, I politely excused myself and walked back to our new home. Oh LORD, I pray, that I have done Your will today. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate