Jul 6, 2017

June 13, 2012: My Personal Journey. Sharing the Grace of God over a piece of BBQ Corn on the Cob.

Dear Father God, today, I took my young son to a local place of attraction. Since I am not sure when we will be returning to our beloved hometown, I figure we should enjoy one of our favorite spots one last time.
As usual, we were excited to pull up to the country style barn. I could smell the sweet fresh baked pastries from the parking lot. At first, we followed the aroma straight towards the sweet shop. But along the way, I noticed that the barn happened to be selling BBQ-ed corn on the cob. Yum! We took a detour and found our place in line. When it was our turn to purchase the corn, out loud, I praised God. Suddenly, the man standing in line behind me smugly praised the Native Americans. But before his words could reach my heart, the vendor reached out to hand me my delicious treat, smiled and said, "Amen." I smiled. “Could he be a believer too?” I wondered.

We walked around the buildings for quite some time. We even ran into some dear friends from church. Later, we started to walk towards our car. All of a sudden, I felt compelled to approach the man selling corn a second time. So, I walked over to the corn stand. I shared my testimony with him. With tears in his eyes, the man shared that he had just lost his wife and home. I swallowed a long swallow! Afterward, the man said the sweetest thing. He said, "Today, I gained a sister in Christ." My eyes welled with tears as I humbly walk away. 
In my heart, I said a little prayer to You. "Dear God, with a trembling heart, I approach Your throne of grace. I know that I am not worthy to serve You. Yet, in Your mercy, somehow, You allow me to touch the hearts of others. LORD, Please accept my gratitude for using me today. In the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ, my Emmanuel. Amen." 

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate