Aug 3, 2017

October 12, 2012: My Personal Journal Entry: How to read the Bible to Your small Child

Good morning my LORD. This morning as I prepared to read Your Word with my son, I was feeling a little lazy. Most times, we read from his children's Bible. We do this, simply because his Bible has pictures. But today, my Bible was closer in reach. So, I picked up my Bible instead. As usual, I allowed the pages to fall as they may. The pages landed on a part of the Bible that I had never read before, The Song of Solomon. I began to read the song word for word out loud to my eight-year-olds son.

But within only a few verses, I felt myself begin to blush! "What was I reading to my impressionable young son?" I looked at my son, snapped my Bible shut and said, "Well, basically, Solomon really loved her, the end." Travis sweetly replied, "That was a short story." While shaking my head from side to side, I began to giggle as I thought, “Perhaps we’ll resume reading his Bible tomorrow morning.” 

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate