Oct 27, 2017

November 15, 2013: My Personal Journal Entry: When the Waves of life overtake You turn to Jesus!


Jesus my Savior, today was another perfect day. Just after we climbed into our rental car, I placed a cd in the CD player. Last week, I downloaded an upbeat song onto my laptop. Now, I sang along to the popular song. Tears flowed from the first word. 

"Wave away my yesterday
 Cause I'm leaving it behind me.
 Hello sunshine, come what may.
 I feel something new inside me.
 I hear the birds singing
 Now my alarm's ringing
 Get up, get up, hey!

 It's a good morning!
 Wake up to a brand new day
 This morning,
 I'm stepping, stepping on my way
 Good morning,
 You give me strength,
 You give me just what I need
 And I can feel the hope that's rising in me.
 It's a good morning.”

As we drove to Breezy Point, Queens, and another beach community left devastated by Hurricane Sandy, I kept hitting the repeat button on the CD player. Soon, Travis and I were both singing the song at the top of our lungs.



I hadn't called ahead to the private and gated community; therefore I wasn't sure if we'd be allowed inside. But then again, I knew You were already there waiting for us to arrive.
After only a few minutes of sitting in the lobby area, Travis and I were invited to meet with the main Supervisor of the Breezy Point Cooperative. I instantly began to share my heart and testimony with the stranger. “Don’t cause a scene.” He said. You can meet most of our residents in our only strip mall downstairs. Suddenly, the lunch siren blew!
Within the next hour, my son and I had completely run out of the 65 Christmas cards and candy canes we had brought with us. Even more amazing, we were also walking away with personalized Christmas gifts. The owner of the local lumber company had offered us three T-shirts to remember them by. Many people, who thought we were selling the candy canes to afford a return trip to California, offered us money. (It took a while to convince them that were there for them).
But, my favorite moment came when one resident and I stubbornly began to bob and weave, like two boxers in the middle of a ring while attempting to place a few dollars in each other’s pocket. The crowd around us roared with laughter! Yes, LORD, today was a remarkable day!

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate