Sep 29, 2011

Book Reviews for Apologies From a Repentant Christian



The Reviews Are In! 

 
5.0 out of 5 stars It's an inspiring read! December 8, 2011  By Sami's Mama (Arroyo Grande, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apologies From a Repentant Christian (Paperback)
As you can probably tell, I am not a professional book critic, but I wanted to share my thoughts on the book: I felt the book was a good read. As a Christian, I felt I could relate to some of it, and other parts I was truly inspired with her conflict with her faith in God and what has led her to where she is now. It also got me thinking about my life and how I can strive to do better. My plan is to continue reading her blog and continue to learn from her and her testament with God.
 
5.0 out of 5 stars Thought-provoking! November 4, 2011 By Edwina E. Cowgill "book lover" (Georgia) - See all my reviews (VINE VOICE) (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Apologies From a Repentant Christian (Paperback)
Apologies from a Repentant Christian chronicles the author's "pseudo" Christian life to a life on fire for God and for sharing his Gospel message with everyone she meets. It is refreshingly open and honest as she shares her desires to live a life for God.

On one occasion as the author prayed, she asked God to use her life to glorify Him. Within hours, she was arrested and charged with a felony. That was not exactly what she had expected when she asked God to use her life to bring Him glory. But in her darkest hour, Ms. Young cried out to God and He answered.

With chapter titles such as, "From undeserving to grateful; my apology to God," "From judgmental to merciful," and "From Controlling to trusting God," Ms. Young has written a book that every Christian needs to read. She has set the example by her godly actions, causing this reviewer to stop and think about her own actions.

Apologies from a Repentant Christian is a book that can be read alone, but could easily be adapted into a Bible study for small groups. The official book launch will be on Veteran's Day, November 11, 2011 and all proceeds of book sales on that day will be donated to organizations that provide direct relief to our military.

4.0 out of 5 stars Intensely personal, deeply felt, October 19, 2011 By Kristy Cole - See all my reviews
 
This review is from: Apologies From a Repentant Christian (Paperback)
This book, like its author is imperfect, but therein lies the charm. The story which belies this book, and the emotions in its complex subtext prove both relatable and heartbreaking.

It is a tale about a woman taken from rock bottom to redemption and the path that led her there; it is more than the sum of its parts, as she also proves to be. Gritty and introspective, it has every bit the pathos of the story of the prodigal son.

A must-read for any Christian who has ever strayed and seen the light.
 
 5.0 out of 5 stars Starts a bit slow but stick with it! Redemption, inspiration & introspection. September 18, 2011 By illinoismoose - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apologies From a Repentant Christian (Paperback)
Apologies From a Repentant Christian

Purchased this out of curiousity, and to be honest, while the first chapter peaked my interest it seemed to drag a bit. If you have the same experience, DON'T GIVE UP ON THIS BOOK! Rather soon, the redemptive qualities of Christ as experienced by the author will both captivate you and inspire you to look inward and do a self anaylsis of your own faith walk. Unless you've led a truly cloistered life, you cannot help but to compare instances of trials in your own life to those of the author. Her story is one that most of us can relate to in one form or another, and she has obviously written from the heart.
 
4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, July 23, 2011 By Thunder - See all my reviews
This review is from: Apologies From a Repentant Christian (Paperback)
The author provides her testimony about how God changed her after she gave her life to Christ. She provided numerous examples of how God opened her eyes to some destructive behaviors or personality traits, and provided the grace to change. The first several chapters are specific apologies to those she hurt.

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. At first, I thought that the author was too hard on herself, and that maybe she had not actually accepted Christ's forgiveness. But, as I read on, I felt sure that this was not the case. Instead, she wanted to extend her heartfelt apologies to others because Christ had forgiven her.

I especially like the author's testimony because it is a wonderful example of how God can take a horrible experience and turn it around for his glory and for our good. She shows how God used her personal angst and embarrassment to bring her to an understanding that she needed to rely on God in all things.

The book goes on to show how the author began living for Christ on a daily basis. The book contains several vignettes in which the author felt led by the Spirit to express God's love or present the gospel to others. I found the stories to be interesting. They drew me into the book, but I would have liked to have a few more details about some of the examples.

All in all, I enjoyed the book and am left wondering what God will have in store for the author in the future.

 What was your experience in reading this book?

Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.

Thank you and may the Love of Jesus Christ bless you today!

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate