Sep 25, 2017

June 28, 2013: My Personal Journal Entry: Modern Day Jonah Story

I left our home with Travis in tow and drove to my parent’s home. It only took forty minutes to reach our destination. Along the way, I convinced myself that You were willing a divorce. I let my imagination run away with me. I would be greeted with all the usual sympathy and compassion my parents could muster. By the time I had arrived, I was thanking You for such a safe haven.
Right away, my parents and I managed to upset each other. Soon, we too were having a terrific quarrel. That's when it dawned on me. I had fallen into a trap and I was now walking on an old familiar road. A rugged road, where there’s barely enough flickering light for a weary traveler to see his next step.
Travis and I tried to settle in. He was clearly troubled and I must admit, my mind and soul were at odds too. In his innocence, Travis just couldn’t understand why his parents were at such odds. At one point, he set his feelings aside and met me at the kitchen table where I sat reading Your Word. He laid his hand upon my shoulder and sweetly said, “I am sorry Mommy.” I turned and hugged Travis while whispering, “We’re going to be okay Son.” 
With our heads held low, we went to bed early hoping a new day would bring some answers and a fresh sense of Your hope. 

No comments:

Facebook

Total Pageviews

Translate